Table of Contents
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, and choosing the right florist is an important part of creating the perfect ambiance for your big day. Whether you’re going for a traditional, romantic, or modern look, the right florals can make all the difference. In this post, I’ll provide 10 tips for booking a florist for your wedding in Seattle, WA and highlight some of the top trends in wedding flowers.
The Importance of Florals for Your Wedding
Florals are a crucial part of any wedding, adding color, texture, and fragrance to your ceremony and reception. They can set the tone for your big day and help create a cohesive look for all your wedding details, from invitations and favors to the wedding party attire. Not only do they enhance the overall aesthetic, but they also provide a romantic and intimate atmosphere for you and your guests.
Top Trends in Wedding Flowers
When it comes to wedding flowers, there are always new trends emerging. Some of the top trends in recent years include:
- Wild and organic arrangements: Rather than perfectly-shaped bouquets and arrangements, many couples are opting for more natural and organic-looking florals. Think wildflowers, grasses, and greenery mixed with more traditional blooms.
- Dried and preserved flowers: Dried and preserved flowers are becoming more popular, as they offer a unique and long-lasting alternative to fresh florals. They can add texture and interest to bouquets and centerpieces, and can even be kept as a memento after the wedding.
- Bold and colorful palettes: Gone are the days of all-white bouquets. More and more couples are choosing bold and colorful palettes for their wedding flowers, incorporating a variety of shades and hues to add drama and interest.
10 Tips for Booking a Florist for Your Wedding in Seattle, WA
- Start early: It’s never too early to start thinking about your wedding flowers. Start researching and contacting florists at least 6-12 months before your big day to ensure you have plenty of time to find the right fit and secure your date.
- Set a budget: Before you start looking at florists, it’s important to have a clear idea of your budget. This will help narrow down your options and ensure you don’t overspend on your florals.
- Look at portfolios: Most florists will have a portfolio of their work on their website or social media. Take the time to look through these and get a sense of their style and what they can offer.
- Schedule consultations: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, schedule consultations with the florists you’re interested in. This will give you a chance to discuss your vision and get a quote for their services.
- Consider the season: The availability of certain flowers can vary depending on the season. If there are specific flowers you have your heart set on, make sure they will be in season for your wedding.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for references: Don’t be afraid to ask a potential florist for references from past clients. This can give you a sense of their professionalism and the quality of their work.
- Think about the venue: Your florist should be familiar with your venue and be able to provide recommendations based on the space and layout.
- Communicate your vision: It’s important to communicate your vision and style to your florist. Bring pictures, swatches, and any other inspiration you have to your consultation to help them understand your vision.
- Get it in writing: Make sure you get a written contract with your florist that includes all the details of your agreement, including the type and number of flowers, delivery and set-up fees, and any additional services they will provide.
- Consider the little details: Don’t forget about the smaller details that can make a big impact, such as the flowers for your wedding party, the ceremony arch or chuppah, and the reception tables.
Here are a few of my favorite floral designers in the Seattle area:
Love Blooms Wedding & Events
Dandy Flower Co
Most Memorable Tips
When it comes to choosing a florist for your wedding in Seattle, WA, the most important thing is to start early and have a clear idea of your vision and budget. Be sure to look at portfolios and schedule consultations to find a florist who can bring your vision to life. And don’t forget to communicate your vision clearly and get everything in writing to avoid any misunderstandings. With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to choosing the perfect florist for your big day.